Pasta is Italian’s favourite fast ‘ready’ meal. All you need to do is cook it in boiling water and add it to a sauce, whether you cook your sauce from scratch or find it ready-made.
Good quality pasta takes a little longer to cook, but you will be rewarded with its great flavour and texture. Your attention in cooking this great product is crucial. The average serving of pasta per person is 100g (3 ½ ounces) and an average size pack has five servings.
For perfect cooking:
- Boil water in a large pot
- Add 1 to 3 tablespoons of salt
- Don’t add oil to water – it is a pointless myth
- Pour pasta in boiling water (1 quart of water per 100g of pasta more or less)
- Keep stirring so that it doesn’t stick
- Cook for the suggested time on pack, but our tip is to always try one before draining, you want to cook it ‘al dente’. Dente means “tooth” in Italian, the texture must be firm and have a bite to it. After you cook pasta regularly, you will just know when it is ready
- Drain and add to sauce immediately and stir together
- Eat straight away